Monday, May 18, 2009

Walgreen's trip(s), 5/21/09

I made two trips to Walgreen's today in order to get the most out of the coupon available on their website for $5 off any $25 purchase. The coupon is only good today, May 21 2009. It was actually good yesterday too, but I had a little trouble with it. I didn't notice that on the bottom in tiny print it says, "Purchase amount of $25 or more must be before taxes and after all manufacturer and Walgreens coupons and discounts." Are they serious?!? Some of the coupons they count as "Walgreens coupons" are those little ones you have to tear out of the circular in order to get their sale price. So annoying--why do they have those anyway? Why can't they just make it the sale price without having to tear out those annoying little coupons? The cashiers never know which items have coupons in the circular, either. In the past, when I was less attentive to these things than I am now (in my coupon addiction), I would miss these coupons at least 75% of the time. I guess they're counting on that, rather than having to give the sale price automatically to anyone purchasing the item.
Okay, now that my rant is over--I bought this water bottle pictured above for $.99. It was located near the "summer fun" items, and they call it "water bottle and more." Inside the bottle is a package of 10 2-ply tissues, a 4-pack of crayons, a 1 ounce tube of Walgreen's Complete Moisture lotion and a 7 day pill holder. A good deal, I think.
I spent $24.24 and saved $46.39, or 52%. The cashier said, "Wow--can I give you my shopping list?" $21 saved was manufacturers coupons, $21.31 was Walgreen's advertised savings and $4.08 was Walgreens coupon savings. Plus, I got $9.50 back in Register Rewards!
On my second trip, I spent $19.31 and saved $29.04 (66%). That time, my coupons actually put me below the $25 mark, but the kind cashier just forced it to work without saying a word. I got another $1 Register Reward and a $2 Zyrtec coupon back.

No comments:

Post a Comment