Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Winn-Dixie Trip, 05/26/09


I often plan my trip to the store on the last day of the weekly offers before a new circular comes out. For the last couple of weeks, I've gotten catalinas at Winn-Dixie for $10 off my next order of $50 or $100, and these expire on the same day as the weekly specials. I received another one with my receipt today, so I guess I'll be back there next Tuesday! Publix does accept these as well, but I've been using them at Winn-Dixie to take advantage of the B1G1 sales in the meat department. Today I spent $112.80, and I saved $126.96. Of that amount, $32.48 was in manufacturers' coupons and $94.48 was in Reward Card savings. Here are a few of my favorite deals:


  • Ball Park franks were B1G1, I had a coupon from the 5/17 RedPlum for $1 off 2. Then I found a coupon for free Sara Lee hot dog buns when I buy 2 packs of Ball Parks. The Sara Lee buns were also B1G1 this week, so I got 2 pack of hot dogs and 2 packs of buns for a total of $1.99!

  • Hormel pork loins were on sale B1G1. I had a coupon from http://www.gatherroundthegrill.com/ for $6 off any pork when you buy a large bag of Kingsford charcoal and a bottle of KC Masterpiece barbeque sauce. I had a $3 Q for charcoal (which was on sale at WD for $6.99) from a flyer at Publix ("Summer's Here;" see posting below) and a Q for a free bottle of KC Masterpiece when you buy charcoal! That means I got 2 pork tenderloins, a 13.8 pound bag of charcoal and a bottle of sauce for $8.98! At the regular price, all that would cost $34.46 (saved $25.48, or 74%)! The coupons don't expire any time soon, but the charcoal and stuff is all on sale right now, so you might want to try it yourself soon.

  • Split chicken breast family packs were $.99/pound--I saved $11.07 on the package I bought.

  • Kraft barbecue sauce is $.88 until July 4th. There's a $1 Q on http://www.kraft.com/, so you make money on the deal.

  • Kraft salad dressing is $1.77 until July 4th. There's also a $1 Q for that on http://www.kraft.com/, so the dressing costs only 77 cents.

I'll probably head over to Publix tomorrow for the last day of their weekly circular. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment