Friday, May 29, 2009

Food Lion trip, 5/28/09

I went to Food Lion today, hunting for 10 cent items to use on the Food Lion Private Brand Super Sale (see previous post). I didn't find any, but I do have one idea: in the 5/27/09 Food Lion Shoppers Companion email, there was a coupon for $1.00 Food Lion brand nuts. I used it successfully to buy 2 packs of 2/$1 roasted peanuts, and got them for free! If you printed enough coupons, and bought enough nuts (it would take 20 packages and 10 coupons to get a $5 coupon) the deal would be free! Not sure it would work though---maybe I'll give it a shot over the weekend and let you know.
As for the rest of my trip today, I spent $34.42 and saved $25.27, $9.00 in coupons. I used only coupons from this week and last week's Shoppers Companion. My favorite coupon gave me a free reusable shopping bag when I bought $5 worth of produce. For my Food Lion brand frenzy, I bought yogurt for 12/$5, canned vegetables for $.69, 2 packages of 6 frozen ground beef patties for $3.99 (used a coupon for $1 off $5 Butcher's Brand beef) , and various other items. I got a $6 coupon for use on my next shopping trip.
It's been a very long time since I shopped at Food Lion--probably 12 years. Back then, I lived in North Carolina (the location of their headquarters), and there was a Food Lion on every corner. I only shoppped there because it was convenient, but I preferred Harris Teeter (also a North Carolina corp.). The Food Lion I visited today is in Jacksonville, Florida. It is the biggest, nicest Food Lion I've ever seen. However, I'm still taking my coupon to Publix.
I did find a bunch of good coupons at the customer service desk, some in a book called "Home and Earth," which included:
  • $.50 off a mega roll of Scott Naturals paper towels
  • $3.00 off a Brita pitcher or replacement filters
  • $1.00 off a bottle of Clorox Anywhere
  • $1.00 off a 4-pack of Scott Naturals bath tissue
  • $.55 off Sunchips
  • $.55 off Tostitos salsa

and a booklet called "Sweet Deals" which included:

  • $.50 off Sara Lee Bites dessert
  • $.50 off Bagelfuls
  • $.50 off Cool Whip
  • $1.00 off Blue Bunny Ice Cream
  • $.35 off Pet Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • $1.00 off any 2 Nestle Push-ups or Lil'Drums
  • $.50 off 2 Edward's Ala Mode or Pie Slices

as well as various tear pads with coupons for the following:

  • $1.00 off Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers when you buy 2 H.C. soups
  • $1.00 off Food Lion Sugar when you buy 5 packs of unsweetened Kool-Aid
  • $1.00 off 2 Stouffers Corner Bistro
  • $1.00 off Kraft shredded cheese
  • $2.00 off Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip

No comments:

Post a Comment